Your Aetna® plan includes the convenience of telemedicine benefits. Virtually access primary care physicians (PCPs), physician specialty care, urgent care clinics, mental health support and more.
Care from anywhere
Get nonurgent care on your phone, computer or tablet
Do you have a time sensitive medical need, or can’t make it make it to your doctor’s office?
With telehealth — or telemedicine — you can get virtual care by phone, video or mobile app, anywhere you are, including after hours or on the weekend.
Many services are covered, including:
- Routine care
- Sick visits
- Urgent care (walk-in clinics)
- Prescription refills
- Behavioral health services (individual and group sessions)
If you need emergency care, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately.
How to use your telehealth benefit:
Check with your doctor to see if they offer telehealth services. If they do, you’ll just make an appointment, and pay the same cost share as you would for an in-person visit. You can find those costs in your Evidence of Coverage.
Remember, not all provider services are available through telehealth and certain services may require a referral or prior authorization (preapproval). You can view and download a list of potentially covered services here.
24/7 virtual care:
Should you need after hours or weekend care, your plan provides access to the following 24/7 virtual care providers:
- Teladoc®: allows you to speak to a licensed doctor by web, phone or mobile app 24/7 — usually within 15 minutes.
- MDLIVE®: offers behavioral health services with licensed therapists and board-certified psychiatrists by appointment.
- MinuteClinic Virtual Care™: allows you to speak with a health care provider 24/7.
See your Evidence of Coverage for a complete description of plan benefits, exclusions, limitations, and conditions of coverage. Plan features and availability may vary by service area.